Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Blog for Team Jake!!!

Hello Fellow Team Jakers!



I have been wanting to start a blog for Team Jake for quite sometime now.  My goal was to introduce the blog on Jake's 10th birthday.  So in my usual fashion, this is coming out just under the wire!  I plan to tweak it as I go, I am new to this world of blogging!  My hope is to use this as a vehicle to get information regarding the OC Marathon and Team Jake throughout the course of the year.  This past May our little team exploded!  It was an amazing way to remember Jake on the five year anniversary.  However, it became quite  challenging to keep everybody in the loop... sign ups, donation, tshirts etc...  I plan to update this blog periodically throughout the year but more importantly we will use it to spread the word around race time.  I promise I won't be flooding your inbox with emails!  I couldn't decide how far back to go so I started with the letter from Steve last spring where he gives an overview of Team Jake and what it is all about.  Since the writing of that letter some pretty amazing things have happened.  Not only did we have close to 300 people with us the day of the race, we met many new friends who joined our team.   I will be posting soon about some of those events!  I plan to pass the computer to my amazing husband who I know will write some great stuff.  I have already penned the title of his first official blog post, "Where in the World is Peter Omae?"  He is unaware of this assignment but if I know him at all, he will embrace it!  I will also be posting lots of pictures from previous races and plenty of links to charities we are involved with.  I figure even if not many people read my blog, it will give me documentation for my kids someday!  As always, thank you for being apart of this special little thing we call "Team Jake!"

1 comment:

  1. Alison, Steve
    I am not 100% sure but I think that guy approached me, while I was waiting for my time chip (at the expo). I already was talking to you and Steve. Paul and I we both were wearing the Team Jake Shirt. So that guy came to us and he asked me about that shirt and he would like to run for that team. hmm, but I am not sure.
    Petra

    ReplyDelete